GrapeJooz

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Bull Market is Turning

I am bullish on one particular wine, and think that it is one of the top 25 wines, even though Wine Spectator rates it as a lowly bottom half of its Top 100 wines of 2005. The Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon 2002 (91 points) is a smooth-as-silk, yet very complex and rich wine, with nuances provided by blackberry and plum and hints of mocha that makes it oh-so-wonderful. A few of my friends have complained that it has a sweeter finish than they like in Cabs, but I enjoy it and rate it as one of my top finds of 2005.

Only 140 cases are made, and if I were you, I would stock up on this wine and open it 6-7 years from now (2012-2013). I promise that you will be rewarded handsomely. I have found it as cheap as $33 at Costco and various online stores.